On March 26, 2009, a young woman started posting videos of herself whispering on YouTube.
She shared some information about herself on YouTube, but she never revealed her exact identity.
Most people refer to her by the name of her YouTube channel, WhisperingLife – and credit her with starting the first whisper channel on YouTube.
Today’s podcast will focus on WhisperingLife and address the following questions:
- How old was she and where was she from?
- What inspired her to start posting whisper videos?
- Did she intend to relax listeners with her whispering or was that just an unexpected outcome?
- What did she whisper about?
- Was she just a ‘whisper artist’ or was she an ‘ASMR artist’?
- Did she ever show her face in her videos?
- What did she use for a camera?
- How many videos did she post?
- Why did she stop posting videos?
The podcast will also include comments she received in the first year she started her channel in 2009, and include comments posted on her last video she uploaded in 2014.
Subscribe to the ASMR University Podcast to hear all of the past and future episodes or listen to this one episode right here:
More podcast episodes related to this topic:
- History of the early ASMR-type videos (podcast)
- Birth of the ASMR Community (podcast)
- The Extreme History of ASMR (podcast)
- Voices of ASMR (podcast)
Click the following to:
- Subscribe/Play/Rate podcast on iTunes
- Subscribe/Play/Rate podcast on Android
- Subscribe to podcast via email
- Visit ASMR University website
- Get free ASMR University app
Share your thoughts, feedback, and/or questions via: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 thoughts on “History of ASMR: About WhisperingLife, the first ASMR artist (podcast episode #5)”
Pingback: Interview with WhisperingLife, the first ASMR artist (podcast) | ASMR University
Pingback: Interview with WhisperingLife, the first ASMR artist | ASMR University