The following is a list of commercials, ads, and promos which have intentionally incorporated (or attempted to incorporate) ASMR triggers.
Click each one to view or learn more.
Food & Beverage:
- Applebee’s (restaurant)
- Dove (chocolate)
- Glenmorangie (whisky)
- KFC (restaurant)
- McDonald’s (restaurant)
- Michelob Ultra (beer) [Super Bowl Ad]
- Norrland Guld (beer)
- Pepsi (soda) , 
- Ritz (crackers)
- Strongbow (apple cider)
TV & Film industry:
- MTV (nominee promo)
- Ralph Breaks The Internet (movie teaser)
- Universal Studios Hollywood (Grinchmas promo)
2019 Ad prediction (AdAge; Jan 3, 2019):
“The return to sound. With the over-saturation of images, customers will want to find meaning through sound and speech. Everyone’s into podcasts; this relatively new format allows for a more intimate relationship between the sender of the message and the audience. ASMR [Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response] is also a sign of this renewal. By whispering information, we make it more impactful, unlike a flow of flashy images that no one can follow. Finally, sound allows for flexibility when it comes to production, especially in terms of rights, which these days should interest more than one brand.”
– Jean-François Sacco, chief creative officer and co-founder, Rosapark.
Have one to add?
- Just send an email to email@example.com with a link to the ASMR-inspired commercial, ad, or promo.
- Thank you to assistance from:
- Vanessa Mitchell (alerted me about Strongbow ads)