Nicola Passey lives in Staffordshire, UK, and has a Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Therapies, a Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy and Psychology, and a Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
Nicola is also an ASMR artist creating videos for her “Be Brave Be You ASMR” channel on YouTube and has over 53,000 subscribers.
She started creating ASMR videos in January 2019 and has already produced over 230 videos. Nicola initially started with audio-only content and then gradually progressed to being on camera. Her videos include a variety of content with a focus on medical and spa roleplays.
Along this journey, Nicola has learned many tricks and tips that improved herself as an ASMR artist, improved the quality of her ASMR videos, and improved the experience for the viewers of her videos.
Below are her Ten Tips for new ASMR video artists along with links to her “Be Brave Be You ASMR” YouTube channel and other platforms.
Nicola’s Ten Tips for new ASMR video artists
- Tip 1: Be consistent. Upload regularly & provide an upload schedule.
- Tip 2: Good thumbnails; clear, catchy, uncluttered, attractive & minimal writing.
- Tip 3: Good titles; to the point, clear, easy to read & understand.
- Tip 4: Interact with your subscribers; show them how much they mean to you & ask them for feedback etc.
- Tip 5: Find your niche; know what you & your channel/brand are about.
- Tip 6: Be confident in yourself & your content.
- Tip 7: Don’t promote yourself on other artists’ channels & videos.
- Tip 8: Interact with the ASMR community including other artists but because you want to be a part of it, not for personal gain.
- Tip 9: Get good equipment especially a good mic to start with, a Blue Yeti is a good starting point.
- Tip 10: Be Brave Be You
Enjoy these links to “Be Brave Be You ASMR”
- ASMR channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BeBraveBeYouASMR1
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bebravebeyouasmr
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/bebravebeyouasmr
- Lifestyle channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BeBraveBeYouLifestyle
- All social & business links: linktr.ee/bebravebeyouasmr
More resources related to this topic:
- More interviews with ASMR artists
- More tips for ASMR artists
- List of the early ASMR artists
- All about the “Art of ASMR”
Learn more about ASMR:
Want to be alerted of new blog articles, and/or new podcast episodes? Enter your email into the ***SAVE TIME*** widget (located in the sidebar or footer area).
Scroll down to Print, Share, Reblog, Like, Jump to related posts, or Comment.
This post brought to you by ASMR University. A site with the mission of increasing the awareness, understanding, and research of the Art and Science of Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response.