It has been almost 10 months since Ritz launched their ASMR-inspired commercial on Nov 30, 2016.
I wrote an initial article about this on December 5, 2016 but I wanted to do this follow-up article to share some interesting information.
After the video was posted on YouTube for 5 days I reported that it had 99,508 views and 100% thumbs up of 59 total votes.
Now, about 10 months later, the video has an impressive 6,707,080 views and about 85% thumbs up of 6,975 total votes.
The video also currently has 1,438 comments. Most of these are in the Korean language so I am unable to read them, and Google translate could give me misleading interpretations. Based on the up and down thumb ratio I would assume the majority of the comments are positive.
An article at www.theheadliners.tv highlights some design and creativity awards which have been won by the commercial:
- Won Gold & Silver award @ 47th Creativity Awards Media & Interactive Design category : Ritz – Taste It With Your Ears
- Bronze in 2017 Summit Creative Award – Film – Under $25,000 budget category
Interestingly, there is also a “case study film” in the headliners.tv article which shares further details about the ad campaign. The video in the article is linked to a YouTube video which was uploaded on August 11, 2017 by Rizal Fachrul.
The case study film contains the following:
- Explains the goals of the campaign
- Shows some aspects of how the ad was created
- Shows the original 33 second ad
- Mentions an extended version of the ad was created
- Explains that additional exposure occurred through parody videos
Most interestingly, the case study film also mentions a “33% sales increase”. This probably means that markets exposed to the ad saw a 33% increase in sales of Ritz Crackers.
I don’t know much about marketing goals but that seems like a successful campaign to me. If so, then you might expect more ASMR-inspired commercials by Ritz and/or other companies in the near future.
Links about the Ritz ASMR commercial:
- Prior ASMRU article about the Ritz ASMR commercial
- Ritz ASMR commercial on YouTube
- Article at www.theheadliners.tv about the commercial
- Case Study Film on YouTube about the commercial
Learn about other ASMR-inspired commercials by:
Want to be alerted of new blog articles, and/or new podcast episodes? Enter your email into the ***SAVE TIME*** widget (located in the sidebar or footer area).
Scroll down to Print, Share, Reblog, Like, Jump to related posts, or Comment.
This post brought to you by ASMR University. A site with the mission of increasing the awareness, understanding, and research of the Art and Science of Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response.