Jake Gyllenhaal (actor in Brokeback Mountain, Donnie Darko, Nightcrawler) does a short interview with W Magazine which includes ASMR triggers.
He whispers about his day, plays with an old style camera, and twists bubble wrap. He also bangs a chisel into wood with a rubber mallet, which may not be so ASMR-inducing for many individuals.
On the YouTube channel, Miu Miu, several actors join forces to create individual and collaborative ASMR videos. The clips are less than a minute long and mostly involve whispering or quiet talking.
The Miu Miu team includes Sadie Sink (Stranger Things 2, Annie), Dakota Fanning (I am Sam, War of the Worlds, Charlotte’s Web), Elle Fanning (We Bought a Zoo, Maleficent), Julia Garner (Ozark, The Americans, We Are What We Are), and Chloë Sevigny (American Psycho, Big Love, American Horror Story).
Click the links below to view their ASMR videos:
- Jake Gyllenhaal
- Chloe Sevigny
- Dakota Fanning
- Elle Fanning
- Julia Garner
- Sadie Sink
- Group: Sadie Sink, Dakota Fanning, Elle Fanning, Julia Garner, Chloë Sevigny
Click the links below for more celebrities discussing or performing ASMR:
- Alistair Deverick/Boycrush (Musician)
- Ashley Graham (Model)
- Ashton Kutcher (Actor)
- Bryan Lee O’Malley (Cartoonist)
- Cara Delevingne (Actor)
- deadmau5 (Musician: Terrors in my head song includes Maria Gentlewhispering)
- Emma Stone (Actor)
- Eva Longoria (Actor)
- Gilbert Gottfried (Comedian)
- Glass Vaults (Music group)
- Juliana Harkavy (Actor)
- Juno Temple (Actor)
- Kate Hudson (Actor)
- Kreayshawn (Rapper, Director)
- Mitch Grassi (Vocalist: Pentatonix)
- Molly Shannon (Actor)
- Nikki Glaser (Comedian)
- Petra Collins (Artist, Photographer, Director)
- Russell Brand (Actor)
- Will Wiesenfeld/Baths (Musician)
- Zara Larsson (Singer/Songwriter) [listen at 7 min 20 sec in video]
Have someone to add?
- Just send an email to email@example.com with the name of the famous person and a link to their ASMR reference.
Want to be alerted of new blog articles, and/or new podcast episodes? Enter your email into the ***SAVE TIME*** widget (located in the sidebar or footer area).
Scroll down to Print, Share, Reblog, Like, Jump to related posts, or Comment.
This post brought to you by ASMR University. A site with the mission of increasing the awareness, understanding, and research of the Art and Science of Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response.